Entry requirement for international students

  • English proficiency : IELTS overall Score of 5.5 or equivalent proof of English or successful completion of approved English course at one of our English pathway providers:
    Click here for more details
  • Prior enrolment, all applicants will need to provide:
    • For certificate levels: Australian Year 10 or equivalent
    • For Diploma or above levels: Australian Year 12 or equivalent OR (AQF) Certificate 3 or Certificate 4 qualification
    • For international students, Kenvale College will accept copy of applicant’s previous studies/qualifications (translated into English) as per the Equivalent Academic Entry Requirements – By Country Available here
  • Successfully completed the Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) online test. For more details on how to complete the online test, please refer to Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) requirement Fact Sheet. The purpose of the LLN online test is to show how Kenvale College can assist you in any areas where you may need help while studying with us.
  • Must be over 18 years old
  • Genuine interest for the industry
  • Complete the Kenvale College Online Application Form: Online
  • Pass an Individual Interview

Student Life

Students attend classes on two days per week, alongside paid employment in hospitality and events establishments. Our academic year is split into 4 terms, with each trimester lasting 11 weeks. You’ll learn from industry professionals in small class sizes, which lends to a personalised learning experience.


IntakeApplication closeOrientationTerm Start DateTerm End Date
February 202310 Feb 20236 Feb 202313 Feb 202330 Apr 2023
May 202312 May 20238 May 202315 May 202330 Jul 2023
August 20234 Aug 202331 Jul 20237 Aug 202322 Oct 2023
November 20233 Nov 202330 Oct 20236 Nov 20234 Feb 2024

Courses and Fees

Click on the individual course names under the Courses TAB for general course information and prices. 

A more detailed listing of 2022/2023 Course Duration and Fees for International Students can also be found here

All fees are indicative only and may be subject to change.

International students are able to pay for their fees in two ways:

  • All upfront at the beginning of each term; or
  • In instalments.

Additional fees and charges can be found here


The student visa requirements specify that you must maintain full-time enrolment (20 hours
of study in class per week) in the course, satisfactory academic progress
within the expected duration on your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE), and an
80% attendance record. If you fail to satisfy course requirements, your
visa may be cancelled.

Changing education provider (transfer)

Upon student visa conditions, students who want to transfer from a Kenvale College course to
another provider must have completed six months of the principal course. If
students want to transfer prior to completion of the six months of the
principal course, students will need to submit a course withdrawal form and
with will be processed by our Compliance Department.

International Agents

If you’re an agency working with international students and wish to represent Kenvale College, please complete the Expression of Interest (EOI) Form.

Click here to download the
Expression of Interest form 

We very much value our relationships with our agent partners not only in helping our 

students find the right college and career path but also in helping us support them throughout their journey at Kenvale and beyond.

Kenvale College has agreements with the following agencies.

English Proficiency

All applicants for study at Kenvale College are required to provide evidence of
their English Language proficiency. All language test scores must be not
more than 2 years old at the course commencement date. Eligible students who do
not meet the English language requirements may apply to study an English course
prior to the Kenvale Course.

Please view our quick guide for more information on our English language proficiency requirements:  English Proficiency Requirement for Students.

Applying for a Student Visa

To study in Australia, you need to apply for a student visa in your country of origin after
you’ve received your Confirmation of Enrolment. For more details on the type of
visa and assessment level, visit Department of Home Affairs (DHA) website on http://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/. As visa applications may take some
time to process, applicants are advised to check their visa requirements at the
time of application.

Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer

Kenvale College welcomes applicants who have prior educational experience and
recognises qualifications from other tertiary level institutions. Course credit
is exemption from enrolment in a particular subject as a result of previous
study (Credit Transfer) or experience held (RPL). 

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

Overseas Student Health Cover is compulsory for everyone holding a student visa. You
will need to purchase OSHC for the proposed duration of your student visa and
include this payment with your tuition fees when accepting an offer of study at
Kenvale College. The following health covers are available:

  • Singles: covers only the valid
    student visa holder
  • Dual family: covers one valid student
    visa holder plus either one adult spouse or recognised de-facto partner or one
    or more dependent children
  • Multi- family: covers one student
    visa holder plus more than one dependant which can only include one adult
    spouse or recognised de-facto partner and one or more dependent children

Kenvale College currently has a partnership arrangement with Allianz Care Australia and can arrange this on the behalf of students.

Living in Sydney

It is recommended that international students familiarise themselves with the
International Student Handbook as well as the ESOS Act.  This legislation contains and details
important information that ensures the quality of their education and
protecting their rights in Australia.

Living in Sydney

Sydney is Australia’s largest city and is located on the sunny southeast coast of
Australia. It’s also very multicultural with nearly 4 million people from
180 nations, speaking 140 different languages who call Sydney home. Sydney
enjoys average maximum temperatures of around 27 degrees Celsius in summer and
15 degrees Celsius in winter. Winter nights can drop to less than 7 degrees
Celsius, so you’ll need to rug up a little! Whatever you’re into – sightseeing,
arts and entertainment, sport, shopping or eating out, you’ll be spoilt for
choice. Visit www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au to discover more.

Our location

Kenvale College is located in Randwick, a residential suburb of Sydney just 15 minutes’
drive from Sydney’s CBD. Kenvale is also walking distance from Coogee, one of
Sydney’s most beautiful beaches. The area accommodates many students and a
large multicultural population. Randwick is a major educational centre, playing
host to the University of New South Wales and the Sydney Institute of
Technology, Randwick Campus. For more details about relocating to Sydney,
visit www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/global/why-australia to discover more.

Living expenses

Starting from 1 February 2018, a single international student requires a minimum of
$20,290 to cover living expenses for 12 months of study. In their visa
application, students are required by the Department of Home Affairs to declare that they have
enough money to pay for travel, tuition, and living expenses for the duration
of their stay in Australia.