Learn it and live it
What you’ll love about Kenvale College:
- Our mission is to educate in a genuine, person-centred, service
- We combine work and study, and teach and train through practical hands on experience
- All courses include weekly paid work experience
- Our graduates are considered to be among the finest in the industry
- Our students graduate already in employment
- We specialise exclusively in hospitality, cookery and event management — qualifications you can combine
- Personalised and innovative learning environment
- Award-winning, industry-leading staff
- No ATAR/prerequisites are required to apply for our courses
- Our courses are a pathway into Australian and overseas universities
- We’re a not-for-profit college
- You’ll make connections for life
Students attend classes on two days per week, alongside paid employment in hospitality and events establishments. Our academic year is split into three trimesters, which are parallel to those of universities, with each trimester lasting 14 weeks. You’ll learn from industry professionals in small class sizes, which lends to a personalised learning experience.
Living in Sydney
Sydney is Australia’s largest city and is located on the sunny southeast coast of Australia. It’s also very multicultural with nearly 4 million people from 180 nations, speaking 140 different languages who call Sydney home. Sydney enjoys average maximum temperatures of around 27 degrees Celsius in summer and 15 degrees Celsius in winter. Winter nights can drop to less than 7 degrees Celsius, so you’ll need to rug up a little! Whatever you’re into — sightseeing, arts and entertainment, sport, shopping or eating out, you’ll be spoilt for choice. Visit www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au to discover more.
Kenvale College is located in Randwick, a residential suburb of Sydney just 15 minutes’ drive from Sydney’s CBD. Kenvale is also walking distance from Coogee, one of Sydney’s most beautiful beaches. The area accommodates many students and a large multicultural population. Randwick is a major educational centre, playing host to the University of New South Wales and the Sydney Institute of Technology, Randwick Campus. For more details about relocating to Sydney, visit www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/global/why-australia to discover more.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Kenvale College welcomes applicants who have prior educational experience and recognises qualifications from other tertiary level institutions. Course credit is an exemption from enrolment in a particular subject as a result of the previous study (Credit Transfer) or experience held (RPL). Please see the College’s Pathway Policy for more details. Students can apply for RPL by completing the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Application Form, or available on Kenvale College’s website under the ‘Apply’ tab.
Develop your five star knowledge
If you enjoy interacting with people and do not see yourself being tied to a desk, then a career in hospitality management might be just for you.
Exceed event expectations
Learn how to put an event together from start to finish with Kenvale’s hands-on event management courses.
Discover your inner chef
If your passion is cooking and you love to have people enjoy your creations, a career in commercial cookery is for you. The world always needs great chefs.