Make a lasting impression
And earn yourself a partial scholarship in Hospitality, Cookery or Events
If you have a real passion for a career in Hospitality, Cookery or Event Management, then our High Flyer Program is for you. It’s a scholarship program run by Kenvale College designed to give 26 selected students a real head start in their career. The finalists will be divided into two teams of 13 participating in the Hospitality and Events team or Cookery team.
The program will involve:
- Two days of hands-on-experience and training:
Hospitality and Events Team: food and beverage training, prepare mocktails, how to set up for a gala dinner, host at a gala dinner
Cookery Team: learn the latest industry trends from our chefs, food preparation and cooking a three-course meal for a gala dinner
- Tour of a prestigious hospitality establishment
- The chance to win a partial scholarship to study Hospitality, Cookery or Event Management at Kenvale College
High Flyer Program is a partial scholarship where two deserving winners will receive:
- Entry into the Kenvale Hospitality and Event Management, or Commercial Cookery program
- $3,000 to go towards their college fees (Scholarships are applied proportionally across the payment schedule following the student’s written agreement.)*
- One week of work experience/ Training in another Australian state or country (at the end of their first year) including airfares, meals and accommodation. Destination TBA
- A professional development program prior to commencing college, including exposure to industry professionals and involvement in college events
*Deferral or withdrawal of studies will result in a forfeit of the remaining scholarship or the entire scholarship in case the student has not yet commenced the course.
How does the program work?
- Apply: If you’re a Year 12 student in 2021, submit your entry online.
- Interview: All applications are reviewed and students are called for group interviews at Kenvale College. Some qualities you will be assessed on include; listening and communication skills, leadership and team building, service attitude, and a genuine passion for the hospitality, cookery, and/or events industries.
- Training Program: 26 students are then selected to participate in a two-day training program at Kenvale College and experience hosting or cooking for the gala dinner.
- Post-training Interview: A short individual interview on the second day of the program.
- Winners Announced: Two students (one each from each team) are awarded a partial scholarship based on their application and overall performance. Winners will be announced at the gala dinner held on the evening of the second training day at Kenvale College.
The key dates to mark in your diary
For more information contact our High Flyer Program coordinator, Chris Cox on 029314 6213 or email@example.com.