Make a lasting impression
Earn yourself an Event Management Scholarship into Kenvale College
If you have a real passion for a career in Event Management, then our Get Real Events Program is for you. It’s a joint program run by Kenvale College in partnership with a number of industry establishments in Sydney, designed to give selected students a real head start in their career with:
- Two day program learning about the events industry
- The chance to win a scholarship to study Hospitality and Event Management at Kenvale College.
Get Real Events Experience is a partial scholarship where one deserving winner will receive:
- Entry into the Kenvale Hospitality and Event Management program
- $3,000 to go towards their college fees (Scholarships are applied proportionally across the payment schedule following the student’s written agreement.)*
- One week of work experience/ Training in another Australian state or country (at the end of their first year) including airfares, meals and accommodation. Destination TBA
- A professional development program prior to commencing college including exposure to industry professionals and involvement in college events
*Deferral or withdrawal of studies will result in a forfeit of the remaining scholarship or the entire scholarship in case the student has not yet commenced the course.
How does the program work?
- Apply: If you’re a Year 11 student in 2021 and will be in year 12 in 2022 submit your entry online below.
- Interview: All applications are reviewed and students are called for group interviews at Kenvale College. Some qualities you will be assessed on include listening and communication skills, leadership and team building, service attitude and a genuine passion for the Events industry. 10 students are then selected to participate in one week’s workplace experience in the Hospitality and Events industry.
- Program: 2 days training in events and tour of events industry venues.
- Assignment: Students create an event project to plan a COVID safe event.
- Winners Announced: One student is awarded a partial scholarship based on their overall performance. Winners will be announced at the Real Winners Event at Kenvale College.
2021 – 2022 tentative Key Dates to Mark in Your Diary:
|December 11th, 2021||Application Closes|
|December 9th & 10th 2021||Student Interviews|
|January 20th-21st, 2022||2 Day Program|
|January 24th 2022||Assignment Due|
|January 31st 2022||Real Winners Award Ceremony|