Make a lasting impression
And earn yourself an Event Management Scholarship
If you have a real passion for a career in Event Management, then our Get Real Events Experience is for you. It’s a joint program run by Kenvale College in partnership with a number of industry establishments in Sydney, designed to give 10 selected students a real head start in their career with:
- One week’s workplace experience in a hospitality or events environment
- The chance to win a scholarship to study Hospitality and Event Management at Kenvale College.
Get Real Events Experience is a partial scholarship where two deserving winners will receive:
- Entry into the Kenvale Hospitality and Event Management program
- $3,000 to go towards their college fees
- One week of work experience in New Zealand (at the end of their first year) including airfares, meals and accommodation.
- A professional development program prior to commencing college including exposure to industry professionals and involvement in college events
How does the program work?
- Apply: If you’re a Year 11 student in 2019, submit your entry online here.
- Interview: All applications are reviewed and students are called for group interviews at Kenvale College. Some qualities you will be assessed on include listening and communication skills, leadership and team building, service attitude and a genuine passion for the Events industry. 10 students are then selected to participate in one week’s workplace experience in the Hospitality and Events industry.
- Work Placement: The 10 students fulfil their one week’s placement while being assessed by heir supervisor/manager. Placements could include a hotel, an event venue such as Allianz Stadium or within an event team.
- Report: Students submit a short written report of their workplace experience to Kenvale College.
- Winners Announced: Two students are awarded a partial scholarship based on their overall performance. Winners will be announced at the Real Winners Event at Kenvale College.
The key dates to mark in your diary
|Friday 6th December 2019||Application Closes|
|Wednesday 11th December 2019||Student Interviews|
|Monday 13th – Friday 24th January 2020||Work Experience Week*|
|Monday 27th January 2020||Reports Due|
|Saturday 1st February 2020||Real Winners Award Ceremony|
*If you are selected as a finalist, your Work Placement will occur in a week during this time frame.