Resolve your complaint at Kenvale College.

Kenvale College supports students to be independent and effective problem solvers. We also encourage the students to resolve their complaint informally as the first step; however should the complainant deem that informal resolution is not possible, appropriate or satisfactory, students may submit a formal complaint following the Students Complaints and Appeals Policy.

On this Page:

  • Types of complaints
  • Before lodging a complaint
  • Lodging a complaint
  • Complaints and Appeals process overview
  • External options
  • Contact us

Types of Complaints

  • The performance of administrative, academic, teaching, research or service functions of the college
  • The behaviour or actions of another student of the college
  • Allegations of discrimination, harassment and bullying

Before Lodging a Complaint

We encourage the students to resolve their complaint informally as the first step before lodging an official complaint following these steps in order to best help you:

Step 1 — Identify your concern and a possible solution

It’s important that you’re clear about the nature of your concern and what some possible solutions could be. We encourage our students to try to resolve concerns at the local level, if reasonable and appropriate to do so, before making a formal complaint through the Student Support Officer. If your concern is about the actions or behaviour of another student or staff member, try to speak to this person directly and explain how you feel about their action or behaviour. If the concerning behaviour could be discrimination, sexual harassment or bullying, speak with the Student Support Officer and/or Head of Student Services.

If you have an academic concern, please talk to the Academic Director in the first instance to see if the matter can be resolved. If the Academic Director is not deemed appropriate as a first point of contact please contact the Student Support Officer.

Step 2 – Seek assistance

As a student, you have free and confidential access to support services to assist you with your concern. These services include:

Step 3 – Initiate action

If your concern is about a specific unit of study, an assessment grade and/or feedback, you can contact the academic who teaches the unit or the Academic Director.

If you are having an interpersonal conflict, or you are feeling bullied, discriminated against or sexually harassed please contact the Student Support Officer, by calling +61 2 9314 6213 (Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm AEDT) or email They can assist you to clarify if your concern is discrimination, harassment or bullying.

Unable to resolve your concern at the college or local level?

You can contact the Student Support Officer if you have:

  • Made reasonable attempts to resolve your concern locally with the person concerned;
  • Believe, after seeking advice, that the matter cannot be resolved by you locally;
  • Believe that you may have been bullied, discriminated against or sexually harassed.

Phone: +61 2 9314 6213 (Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm AEDT)

Lodging a Complaint

If you are unable to resolve your issue after using the three-step process you can lodge an official complaint by using the form below:

Download the Student Complaints and Appeals Form

Complaint Resolution Process Overview

Try to self-manage your concern first. Self-managing a concern means directly discussing the issue with the staff member, the administrative unit, or the student concerned (as outlined in Before lodging a complaint). For further information, please refer to Students Complaints and Appeals Policy.

If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint at the self-managed stage, or the matter can’t be resolved locally, lodge a complaint using the Student Complaints and Appeals form. Your written complaint will be referred to the Student Support Officer for investigation. For further information please refer to the Students Complaints and Appeals Policy .

If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint following an investigation by the Student Support Officer, you may be able to lodge an appeal against the decision/outcome. You may lodge an appeal by following the Students Complaints and Appeals Policy.

If you need more information, please get in touch with the Student Support Officer.

Phone: +61 2 9314 6213 (Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm AEDT)

External Options

The service of an external review is provided by the Australian Council for Private Education and Training (ACPET) (Australian Students) or Overseas Students Ombudsman (International Students). If the student remains dissatisfied with the outcome of the internal investigation or was unable to resolve the dispute, students will be referred to ACPET or the Ombudsman by the Compliance Officer:

Click HERE to view the ACPET Complaints and Dispute Resolution Policy.

Click HERE to view how Overseas Student Ombudsman can help. 

Complaints should be marked confidential and sent to:

Australian Council for Private Education and Training (ACPET)

By email: 

By post:

Student Appeals
PO Box 551
East Melbourne VIC 8002

Overseas Students Ombudsman

GPO Box 442
Canberra ACT 2601

Phone: 1300 362 072

Contact Us

Student Support Officer
Phone: +61 2 9314 6213 (Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm AEDT)