Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) training is the foundation that qualifies you to sell, serve or supply liquor.

To sell, serve or supply alcohol in NSW, you must complete an RSA training course provided by an approved training provider. If you are new to the liquor industry or your RSA competency training took place more than five years ago, you need to complete a full training course.

The RSA course includes the national unit of competency SITHFAB002 – Provide responsible service of alcohol and NSW specific elements, covering a range of topics including:

  • NSW liquor laws and selling, serving, or supplying alcohol responsibly
  • Intoxication, including assisting customers to drink within appropriate limits, assessing alcohol affected customers and refusing service
  • Minors, including ID checks and secondary sale/supply
  • Harm minimisation strategies
  • Compliance and enforcement

We accept international students as we are a Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) approved provider.

Cost: $180 (effective 12th March 2023)

Location: Kenvale College 38 High St Randwick NSW 2031

Time: 9am – 4:30pm


What to expect?

  1. Apply for a RSA course and undertake face-to-face training at a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) approved by Liquor & Gaming NSW (L&GNSW).
  2. The course fee will already include the cost for your NSW competency card.
  3. Upon completion of the course, you will receive an interim certificate via email (within 2 business days) which is valid for 5 years and you can work for 90 days with the interim certificate.
  4. You will be required to take the interim certificate to a service NSW to apply for a NSW competency card.
  5. Renew your NSW competency card every 5 years.

Entry Requirements

There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.

Please note that the RSA course has a combination of plain English, photos, videos and questions to ensure learners have the best chance to complete their course.

If you believe you may require assistance to complete the RSA course due to your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills, please contact Kenvale College on +61 2 9314 6213 or via email to discuss your training needs before enrolling into the course.

For more information, please head over to the links below:

  1. Getting Trained in RSA (L&GNSW)
  2. Apply for the NSW Competency Card
  3. Renew an NSW Competency Card
  4. Replace an NSW Competency Card

nb: All attendees will be issued a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment, Liquor & Gaming NSW Interim RSA Certificate, and can apply for a RSA Competency Card (by OLGR NSW)