Kenvale College was established in 1971 as Australia’s first private Hospitality College and was one of the first Colleges to introduce courses that met the tourism and hospitality industry’s demands for professional education and training. Kenvale College celebrated it’s 50th Anniversary in early 2021. Despite the disruptions and restrictions from the pandemic, the staff and students were determined to celebrate this milestone before 2021 ended. With the beverage students creating two unique cocktails, cookery students planning and preparing a celebration dinner, and event students planning and running the event, the guests were treated to an amazing evening with students having the opportunity and challenge to conduct a commercial event for over 200 people.
Thank you to all who attended the Gala Dinner to commemorate the milestone on the 1st of December at the Australian Turf Club Royal Randwick.
The night consisted of a 4-course dinner, drinks, and entertainment.
- 4-course dinner
- drinks + signature Kenvale cocktail on arrival
- Special gift to take home
- A chance to win prizes sponsored by some of our industry partners.
Celebrating 50 years of excellence
“the whole atmosphere: friendly, family, relaxed, mixed of guests, and excellent venue”
“This event was outstanding as are all events organised by Kenvale College.”
“Outstanding features were the venue, the cocktails on arrival, the excellent quality and presentation of the food”
- Demonstrated to students, industry and guests that a leading edge event could be conducted with detailed planning and commitment despite overwhelming challenges.
- Provided students with the opportunity to work on a LIVE commercial event as opposed to a simulated or virtual event during unprecedented times.
- Showcased exceptional student teamwork considering many had never met face-to -face. This displays the unified approach and strong bonds that can be created in a digital learning environment as the students had trained online not face-to-face.
- Produced a Covid-safe event for over 200 people.