Make a lasting impression
And earn yourself a Partial Scholarship in Hospitality, Cookery or Events
If you have a real passion for a career in Hospitality, Cookery or Event Management, then our High Flyer Program is for you. It’s a scholarship program run by Kenvale College designed to give 26 selected students a real head start in their career. The finalists will be divided into two teams of 13 participating in the Hospitality and Events team or Cookery team.
The program will involve:
- Two days of hands-on-experience and training:
Hospitality & Events Team: food and beverage training, prepare mocktails, how to set up for a gala dinner, host at a gala dinner
Cookery Team: learn latest industry trends from our chefs, food preparation and cooking a three-course meal for a gala dinner
- Tour of prestigious hospitality establishment
- The chance to win a partial scholarship to study Hospitality, Cookery or Event Management at Kenvale College
High Flyer Program is a partial scholarship where two deserving winners will receive:
- Entry into the Kenvale Hospitality and Event Management, or Commercial Cookery program
- $3,000 to go towards their college fees
- One week’s work experience in New Zealand (at the end of their first year) including airfares, meals and accommodation
- A professional development program prior to commencing college including exposure to industry professionals and involvement in college events
How does the program work?
- Apply: If you’re a Year 12 student in 2017, submit your entry online here.
- Interview: All applications are reviewed and students are called for group interviews at Kenvale College. Some qualities you will be assessed on include; listening and communication skills, leadership and team building, service attitude and a genuine passion for the hospitality, cookery and/or events industries.
- Training Program: 26 students are then selected to participate in a two-day training program at Kenvale College and an experience hosting or cooking for the Gala Dinner.
- Post-training Interview: A short individual interview on the second day of the program.
- Winners Announced: Two students (one each from each team) are awarded a partial scholarship based on their application and overall performance. Winners will be announced at the Gala Dinner held on the evening of the second training day at Kenvale College.
The key dates to mark in your diary
|Wednesday June 21||Applications Close|
|Monday June 27 – Tuesday June 28||Student Interviews|
|Wednesday July 12 – Thursday July 13||Training Days|
|Thursday July 13||Gala Dinner|
Thank you for inviting us - we really did appreciate it. I must say I was really impressed by the Briar Ridge team - one of them (… Aiden) did a really great job explaining who they were, what they were about etc., and really took the time to give us the background on the person behind it all (Gwyn Olsen). He'd clearly immersed himself in the project, and I think she'd have been really pleased if she'd seen that. Happy to reach out and tell her so if you think it would help pave the way for future events.
I just wanted to express thanks and congratulations to all at Kenvale for the magnificent lunch provided on Thursday.
I have been to many hatted restaurants this year and can honestly say that they would have struggled to produce such fantastic dishes.
The lunch was a credit to your students and your staff. It would be a privilege to enjoy another visit next year.
Best wishes to your graduating students for success in their career and to your staff to continue to guide students to reach such a high standard.