Make a lasting impression
And earn yourself a Event Management Scholarship
If you have a real passion for a career in Event Management, then our Get Real Events Experience is for you. It’s a joint program run by Kenvale College in partnership with a number of industry establishments in Sydney, designed to give 10 to 15 selected students a real head start in their career with:
- One week’s workplace experience in a hospitality or events environment
- The chance to win a scholarship to study Hospitality and Event Management at Kenvale College.
Get Real Events Experience is a partial scholarship where two deserving winners will receive:
- Entry into the Kenvale Hospitality and Event Management program
- $3,000 to go towards their college fees
- One week of work experience in New Zealand (at the end of their first year) including airfares, meals and accommodation.
- A professional development program prior to commencing college including exposure to industry professionals and involvement in college events
How does the program work?
- Apply: Apply: If you’re a Year 11 student in 2017, submit your entry online here.
- Interview: All applications are reviewed and students are called for group interviews at Kenvale College. Some qualities you will be assessed on include listening and communication skills, leadership and team building, service attitude and a genuine passion for the Events industry. 10 to 15 students are then selected to participate in one week’s workplace experience in the Hospitality and Events industry.
- Work Placement: The 10 to 15 students fulfill their one week’s placement while being assessed by heir supervisor/manager. Placements could include a hotel, an event venue such as Allianz Stadium or within an event team.
- Report: Students submit a short written report of their workplace experience to Kenvale College.
- Winners Announced: Two students are awarded a partial scholarship based on their overall performance. Winners will be announced at the Real Winners Event at Kenvale College.
The key dates to mark in your diary
|Monday 23 August||Round 1 Application Closes|
|Monday 28 August||Round 1 Student Interviews|
|Monday 13 November||Round 2 Application Closes|
|Wednesday 15 November||Round 2 Student Interviews|
|20 November – 1 December||Work Placement*|
|Thursday 7 December||Reports due|
|Saturday 9 December||Real Winners Presentation|
*If you are selected as a finalist, your Work Placement will occur in a week during this time frame.
Thank you for inviting us - we really did appreciate it. I must say I was really impressed by the Briar Ridge team - one of them (… Aiden) did a really great job explaining who they were, what they were about etc., and really took the time to give us the background on the person behind it all (Gwyn Olsen). He'd clearly immersed himself in the project, and I think she'd have been really pleased if she'd seen that. Happy to reach out and tell her so if you think it would help pave the way for future events.
I just wanted to express thanks and congratulations to all at Kenvale for the magnificent lunch provided on Thursday.
I have been to many hatted restaurants this year and can honestly say that they would have struggled to produce such fantastic dishes.
The lunch was a credit to your students and your staff. It would be a privilege to enjoy another visit next year.
Best wishes to your graduating students for success in their career and to your staff to continue to guide students to reach such a high standard.